We are looking for an experienced project Manager to join our growing global team.
Location: Tucson, AZ, Chicago, IL
Remote working is available.
Our Research Scientists work directly with the COS senior team on patient-centered qualitative research to better understand patient symptom burden, health related quality of life impacts, treatment satisfaction, and tolerability within the context of developing new drug treatments.
This exciting role offers the opportunity to work locally and globally on patient-centered research studies across multiple therapeutic areas. Measures include patient-, clinician, and observer-reported outcomes to understand epidemiologic, health-related quality of life, and symptomology impact of disease on patients.
A minimum of 6 years of experience in project management or proven competencies
Good knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines and the clinical development process
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Able to balance team and individual responsibilities
Levels available commensurate with experience
Excellent opportunities for development and career progression
Chance to join a growing innovative and dynamic team at the forefront of clinical outcomes research
Research Project Manager
The Research Project Managers contribute to the planning, execution, and monitoring of research studies for the assign research business unit. In this role, the ideal candidate will create and monitor the Project Management Plan for each assigned project and generate reports to communicate Key Performance across the business. This role requires managing short- and long-term projects, including invoice and deliverable tracking, as well as anticipating and resolving project issues with the research team. This role requires strong project management experience and broad knowledge of each type of research study conducted to support pharmaceutical sponsors. This role offers the opportunity to work locally and globally on patient-centered research studies across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Partner with research team leadership on establishing effective team communication, information distribution, and cross-team collaboration at the kick-off/start-up of each research study assigned
- Work directly with the research business units on the planning, execution, and tracking of project timelines using Microsoft Project or related software
- Identify and escalate impacts to project scope, resources, schedule or budget through timeline and resource management
- Provide technical support and guidance to research business units in the development of research proposals as well as the development and monitoring of contracted studies Project Management Plans
- Understand and manage project cross-functional inter-dependencies to achieve project milestones/deliverables across all research projects
- Assist in the development, measurement, and reporting of KPIs related to project management and execution
- Serve as a cross-functional lead to the Ops team, leveraging new processes or best practices when relevant and collaborating on tasks (subcontractor identification, contracting, and etc) specific to the research team’s needs
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, planning and organization skills
- Demonstrates teamwork by balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieves goals and stay current with best practices and trends.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, client-focused environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience in science or health-related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum 6 years of experience in research project management or proven competencies for this position
- Demonstrated knowledge of GCP/ICH guidelines and the clinical development process
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project